Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Robertson Revisits Assassination Call

Pat Robertson has come back out in favor of assassinating Hugo Chavez. During The 700 Club on Monday, he claimed:

Well, a couple of years ago I made a comment or two about Mr. Chavez. Nobody even knew who Hugo Chavez was. They thought he was some grape picker from out in California. And all of a sudden my comments put him on the front page, and now we've begun to see the kind of person he is, and more and more people are saying to me, "I think you were right."
I am not sure if more people are really thinking that Robertson is correct. But even if they are, that does not make him right. At one point during the fallout of his original comments, Robertson lied and claimed he never called for an assassination. He then admitted to it and apologized. I guess he is now retracting his apology (or lied and never really meant it).

My very first post on this blog was about Robertson's call to assassinate Chavez. Sadly, it seems that not much has changed with Robertson during the last two years. Thus, my comments then are still appropriate:

So much for the LOVE of Jesus. So much for PRAYING for your enemies. So much for preaching the PEACE of Christ. I guess his new motto is WWJK--Who Would Jesus Kill? So much for being pro-life.

When will Robertson stop opening his big mouth and embarrassing himself and Christianity? We can only pray that it is soon. No, we won't call for his assassination. We will earnestly pray that he will shut up for God's sake.
Other previous posts on Robertson and his assassination call can be found here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Meanwhile, Rudy Giuliani went yesterday to speak at Regent University and meet with Robertson. Is he trying to provoke another lightning strike? Candidates who pander to Robertson should not be taken seriously by Christians.

3 comments:

  1. He needs to retire. God told me so with a word of knowledge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Pat Robertson has zero credibility with me. Anyone who hawks an "Age-Defying Shake Recipe" by claiming to be able to leg-press 2000 lbs at the age of 76 (or any age, for that matter) is making a false claim, in my humble opinion (an opinion apparently shared by others better-qualified than I to evaluate such claims).

    As you stated, he has been caught lying when denying his earlier comments on Chavez as well, as recordings of his own 700-club show have proven.

    I'm reminded of Matthew 7:15-20 whenever I hear him speak: my point is not to judge him, God will be the judge, but the Bible warns us to avoid the teachings of false prophets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!

    Kevin: Very funny!

    Stan: You make an excellent point.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]