Post Page Advertisement [Top]

More Speakers (and a book)

There were three speakers this morning at the Celebration of a New Baptist Covenant. They focused on the biblical mandate to welcome and help strangers.

The first speaker was Joel Gregory, professor of preaching at Truett Seminary. He is a very dynamic speaker with a strong voice. You can watch his speech here.

The second speaker was U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley, who spoke about public policy and feeding a hungry world. He did an excellent job of calling Christians to act to counter the tragic situation in many parts of the world where people are dying because they have no food. You can watch his speech here.

The final speaker was former U.S. Surgeon General David Satcher, who is now director of the Satcher Health Leadership Institute at Morehouse School of Medicine. He gave his testimony. You can watch his speech here.


Also this morning I got a signed copy of David Gushee's latest book, The Future of Faith in American Politics. When I walked up to him, he saw my nametag and recognized me from this blog. I have been looking forward to reading it as I appreciate his perspective, especially on speaking out against torture. In fact, my name is in one of the appendices because I signed "An Evangelical Declaration Against Torture" that reprinted in his book (you can read it online here).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]