Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Destroying a Church Building to Advance Free Speech Rights

Destroying a Church Building to Advance Free Speech Rights
Communication Currents, a publication of the National Communication Association, ran my latest piece, which is entitled "Destroying a Church Building to Advance Free Speech Rights." The piece is based on my recent study in Free Speech Yearbook (see post here) about the legal fight by a church in Washington, D.C. to gain the right to tear down its building on First Amendment grounds (the photo is one I took of the building in question). As I argue in the piece, the church members were correct that church architecture communicates and thus should be considered as part of its public message.

On other topics, I was quoted recently in two different publications. The Bolivar Herald-Free Press included a write-up about my recent CNN.com column (which has over 1,600 comments and over 1,800 Facebook recommends). Additionally, a Religion Dispatches article about Michele Bachmann's speech last week at Liberty University included a quotation from my new book on confessional politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]