Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Book Review and Blog Mention

Kevin Bussey, who blogs at Confessions of a Recovering Pharisee, has offered a very positive review of my book For God's Sake Shut Up!: Lessons for Christians on How to Speak Effectively and When to Remain Silent. When I saw that he had got the book to read I thought he would probably like it since it is obvious that he has a great sense of humor. Here are a few of his comments:
The title is right on! Brian uses humor and satire to point out that sometimes--most of the time the best thing for follower of Jesus to do is to keep quiet. He shares stories from his own life and from the mistakes of famous Christian leaders as to why silence is golden.

The book is less than 120 pages but it is packed with wisdom and humor. I laughed and felt convicted as I read this book.

... I guess the reason I liked this book is because it is what I've been saying for years. Brian and I are more alike theologically than politically but that's OK. I've grown to respect and admire his ministry.
He ended by giving it 4.7 out of 5 hockey sticks (what he gives in reviews instead of stars) and wrote, "I would highly recommend For God's Sake Shut Up." I jokingly commented that I always enjoy his thoughts but that this was my favorite post! In all seriousness, I appreciate his kind words and hope that others will find the book worthwhile.


Meanwhile, Aaron Weaver, who blogs at The Big Daddy Weave, wrote an article that just came out in the Whitsitt Journal that mentions this blog. The article is entitled "Baptist Blogging" and offers a few comments about some Baptist blogs. About this blog he wrote:
Kaylor's blog is designed to teach Christians how to communicate effectively, which includes knowing when to remain silent. All too often, Religious Right leaders make outrageous statements that damage the image and witness of Christians around the world. Kaylor confronts these harmful statements regularly on his blog.
I am appreciative of the mention alongside of the other great bloggers (though it is incomplete as Aaron was too humble to include his own blog in the list). It is a good piece and I hope that it inspires more Baptists to start blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]