Post Page Advertisement [Top]

What Are They Thinking?!

A television station in Texas has a report about churches making donations to politicians, despite the fact that IRS rules prohibit it for tax exempt organizations. What makes this story even worse is that some of those involved acted like it was not a big deal when they were questioned about the giving. The real problem, however, is not that it could get churches into trouble with the IRS. The real problem is that such giving could very likely drive people away from church. Such an action communicates that God favors certain candidates because they are giving God’s money away to those candidates. If I am a Democrat I will not like to see my offering money go to a Republican and if I am a Republican I will not like to see my offering money go to a Democrat. How sad it would be if an unsaved person left a church because of its political giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]