Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Richard Land Doesn’t Get Baptist ‘Covenant’

Ethics Daily ran my latest column today, which is entitled “Richard Land Doesn’t Get Baptist ‘Covenant.’” It is in response to some of Land’s comments attacking the “Celebration of a New Baptist Covenant” to be held next year. It promises to be a great meeting that is very much needed (see my previous post about it).

Meanwhile, Bruce Prescott has had good coverage of the meeting and the media surrounding it. Additionally, Aaron Weaver has offered good rebuttals to comments attacking the meeting that were made by Russell Moore and the Baptist Press.

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time to your site. I really enjoyed your article and remarks about the Covenant. The SBC bloggers notwithstanding, I question the relevance of the SBC in dealing with other Baptist groups. It's encouraging to see so many "other" Baptists getting together to demonstrate unity over social matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Chisholm: Glad you stopped by, and thanks for the comment! I completely agree with your sentiments. This new group is very encouraging and I hope it lives up to its potential.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]