Post Page Advertisement [Top]

What I’ve Been Reading

What I’ve Been Reading
One of my favorite things about Christmas break is the opportunity to read several books since I do not always have time during the semester to read books of my choosing. Here are a couple I recently finished that you might find worthwhile.

There's Never Been a Show like Veggie Tales: Sacred Messages in a Secular Market
There's Never Been a Show like Veggie Tales: Sacred Messages in a Secular Market


This short book is an entertaining and insightful read. If you are a fan of VeggieTales like I am, then you will definitely want to read this academic look at the VeggieTales phenomenon and its cultural and religious impacts. The book should also be of worth to anyone interested in religious messages in the secular media.

The Myth of a Christian Nation: How the Quest for Political Power Is Destroying the Church
The Myth of a Christian Nation: How the Quest for Political Power Is Destroying the Church


This is a must read for all Christians! It is a fantastic exposition on religion and politics and I am glad I finally got a chance to read it. Boyd will make you think about a number of important issues. It is well-written and closely tied to Scripture. If we had more Christians who took the perspectives of this book, then our nation and, more importantly, our churches would be much healthier today.

I have a few more books I hope to read over the next couple of weeks and will pass along any other gems I find. Hope everyone is having a great time with family, friends, and maybe a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]