Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Luther!

Luther!
While many people are dressing up or eating candy today, I prefer instead to remember the heroic actions and words of Martin Luther. On this day in 1517 he nailed his famous 95 theses on the door of the church in Wittenberg. Thus, I like to remind myself of the great Reformation he set in place that day by watching the 2003 movie about him. We need more Christians like Luther today! Here are a few statements by Luther to consider:

“I shall never be a heretic; I may err in dispute, but I do not wish to decide anything finally; on the other hand, I am not bound by the opinions of men.”

“Nothing good ever comes of violence.”

“I am more afraid of my own heart than of the pope and all his cardinals. I have within me the great pope, Self.”

“Forgiveness is God’s command.”

“War is the greatest plague that can affect humanity; it destroys religion, it destroys states, it destroys families. Any scourge is preferable to it.”

“Faith is a living, daring confidence in God’s grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.”

“If I am not allowed to laugh in heaven, I don’t want to go there.”

“Here I stand; I can do no other. God help me. Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]