Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Praying for Stephen Colbert (and Rick Scarborough)

Praying for Stephen Colbert (and Rick Scarborough)
Ethics Daily ran my latest column today, which is entitled “Praying for Stephen Colbert (and Rick Scarborough).” It deals with a couple of issues: a prayer day for Colbert (as one of the top 365 cultural influencers), and Scarborough’s inaccurate attack on Colbert and his faith. I argue that we need individuals like Colbert as they prophetically critique religious leaders who get off message. I also argue that Scarborough needs to be careful not to mistake such criticism as a sign that the attacker is merely a godless liberal.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Have you tried the new Stephen Colbert Americone Dream ice cream flavor (http://www.benandjerrys.com/features/americone_dream_index.cfm)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried it yet. I knew it was out but it was not in the store when I checked the other day (maybe it is sad that I already checked).

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]